The 15 Minute Phonics Lesson for KG
An investment of just 15 minutes per day will pay dividends in your children/pupils’ ability to recognise letters by their shape, say their sounds and blend these sounds to make words.
She is a KG2 teacher and has been using phonics to teach reading in her class for several years – and here is how she does it – listen and enjoy
- introduce the sound
- see what it looks like and how to write it
- sound it out with example words in English and mother tongue
- say the sentence and look at the picture so that the sentence is understood
- sing the song and do the action
- say the words with the sound – can we think of any more in our own language?
- practice blending and segmenting words