PhonicsGhana is a project led by Educators International and partners actively interested in helping improve reading outcomes for children in Ghana, on a not-for-profit basis. We comprise:
- Educators International (a not for profit organisation/charity registered both in the UK and in Ghana)
- Opportunity International (our in-country partner)
- Phonics International (our literacy and phonics advisers)
- School for Life and Tzedek (collaborators in the Northern Region).
- We are backed by a grant from the British and Foreign Schools Society for part of our work, and one from the Steve Sinnott Foundation for another.
- The Ghana Education Service – at national and District levels – is well aware of the importance of phonics, and actively supports our work.
- We work with many individual schools, colleges, teachers and parents. This is a truly universal programme, available to all teachers, completely free.
- Our Ghana project manager (based in Walewale, Northern Region) is Rukayatu (Ruki) Adam. You can reach Ruki via the Contact Us page.Further information about our partners and supporters can be found by following the links in the Supporters section.